Monday, 2 May 2011

TV Review #1 - Dead Set



Today i'm going to be reviewing a mini series that originally aired on Channel 4 in Britain in 2008 called Dead Set.  It's a very unknown gem and it truly is a shame that this isn't more popular. The premise goes like this; during a season of Big Brother UK, a zombie outbreak occurs and the viewer gets to watch the chaos unfold in the Big Brother house, and around the production set. I personally think its a fantastic premise, but maybe i just thoroughly enjoy seeing reality TV stars being eaten. Anyone who enjoys Big Brother, Zombies, or horror in general should love this. The show is very reminiscent of 28 Days Later and Dawn Of The Dead 2004 with running zombies, jerky and quick paced camera angles, and excellent gore.




With each episode the show gets more and more interesting and truly does pull the viewer in, and before you know it you've watched all the episodes and you're dying for more. Starting off with your generic Big Brother episode, someone getting voted off, people walking around in the BB house, partying, fighting, and being crazy until all of Britain becomes overrun, and a majority of the production staff is dead all the while nobody in the actual BB house knows about it seeing as they are secluded from the rest of the world and locked away in this high security house...until they find find out in a very, very gruesome way.



This show has great action, great gore, some parts that actually had me laughing in stitches, gingers being devoured, and best off all; Zombies. It's got the whole package, and i highly suggest you check it out if you have any decent taste, and spread the word because this deserves to be seen by everyone. I don't recall it ever being aired in North America, and with the amount of gore and violence in it, i doubt it ever will. Check it out, people.

Dead Set
Production : 8.5/10
Cinematography: 9/10
Acting: 9.5/10
Overall rating: 9/10

40 comments:

  1. Heya, I'd like to recommend a series titled 'Jericho'. It's about 23 US cities being nuked, the story is about the aftermath and how a small towns deals with problems such as food shortage, energy, and outside invaders. Following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review, will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Based on this review, and my love of flicks like this, imma check it out now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. How have I never heard of this? I've been watching everything zombie related since 96, so I would love this. I must check this out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will see if I can find some more clips on youtube. Awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kamatacci, i hear you. I'm in Canada, and i had no idea this existed and i have also been into Zombie related things for as long as i can remember, i was shocked it existed. Check it out, it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Zomby movies, this one i didn't know of. Definetly a must.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha looks like a good watch, and by the way i enjoy your writing style

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait wait.. a zombie movie I have never heard of?! Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes! Does not look like my kind of film...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Id never even heard of this, the concept seems really good. I'll have to check this out for sure

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol I'm not a huge horror/gore fan. :x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, horror/gore usually does nothing for me. Will watch if I get boerd though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. saw it, it's a really great zombie movie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Damn, doesn't look like it's on Netflix. Going to have to find this somewhere. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  16. nom nom nom! zombie movie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Might check it out, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks pretty bloody good. I'll check it out later.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great review, I love zombie movies. following!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Superb review! Zombies is so cash.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh shit, creapy picture x)

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, never heard of it, sounds good! The brits get some good gems here and there!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like the guy from the Geico commercials lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just acquired this last night. I'll watch it as soon as I'm not super busy. Thanks for the rec.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love zombie stuff. Should have a more coherent plot than that new show about zombies.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ha that looks awesome! i love zombie themed programs and movies!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! I'm going to have to look for this series online. I enjoyed the AMC series The Walking Dead, but need something to tide me over until the new season starts! Cheers! +follow

    ReplyDelete
  28. awesome review man, keep it up
    followed

    ReplyDelete
  29. lets see some more reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Crazy looking movie. Haha. I may check it out, I wonder if it's on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Its probly out on the internet somewhere.

    ReplyDelete